Friday, February 24, 2017

SNL should come back to Netflix

I'm starting a petition right here, right now. "Saturday Night Live" needs to come back to Netflix. I remember coming home everyday in seventh grade, plopping onto my bed, ready to watch the next episode in my binge watching spree. I even memorized everyone's name in the intro. At the time I watched the seasons from the 2010's on the platform, but Netflix at one time had every episode of SNL in existence available to stream for its members. Now, SNL has disappeared off of the face of the earth on the platform.

I think it would be a great opportunity for SNL to expand their audience and get more people to watch episodes that have previously aired on TV. Purchasing the episodes on YouTube isn't really worth it if you can't rewatch it afterwards you know?

I know I personally miss the talents of Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader on the show, and putting it on Netflix would give me as well as other SNL fans a chance to relive their crazy antics on sketches like "The Californians" and "Target Lady." If episodes from the 80's and 90's were put on Netflix, SNL would likely benefit from the amount of people streaming it. A lot of these older episodes aren't on YouTube and only available on disc. How many people nowadays are actually willing to buy something on a disc?

SNL has always been a popular show but has had recent popularity with the bits of their show they post on YouTube. The people not willing to stay up and watch the show when it airs, usually go to YouTube to catch up. Their political sketches have definitely gotten the most popularity, getting millions of views each day. They've even resorted to re uploading episodes to get more views.

But what happens if people want to look for more? They can get bits and pieces of an episode yes, but there's no way to get a full SNL episode without recording it, or if you want older episodes, buying the disc. There has to be another way!

I went to Netflix's chat feature to see what I could do about my predicament. Katy, the employee who assisted me, said that the show was taken off the platform because their licence wasn't renewed. The only way we can get it back is if we all request the show. So help me out and request for SNL to come back to Netflix!



4 comments:

  1. I agree and I love SNL, but I think it's on hulu. I don't know though it used to be when I had it but recently we got rid of hulu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha, I don't know I've never had hulu but it deserves to be on some platform!

      Delete
  2. Agreed! such a funny show that keep the day to day struggles into silly jokes

    ReplyDelete